Application of Conditions
- The Seller shall sell and the Buyer shall purchase the Goods in accordance with any quotation or offer of the Seller which is accepted by the Buyer, or any order of
the Buyer which is accepted by the Seller.
- These Conditions shall govern the Contract to the exclusion of any other terms and conditions subject to which any such quotation is accepted or purported to be
accepted, or any such order is made or purported to be made, by the Buyer.
- In these Conditions:-“Business Day” means any day other than a Saturday, Sunday or bank
holiday;“the Buyer” means the person who accepts a quotation or offer of the Seller for the sale of the Goods or whose order for the
Goods is accepted by the Seller;“Calendar Day” means any day of the year;“the
Contract” means the contract for the purchase and sale of the Goods under these conditions;“these Conditions” means the
standard terms and conditions of sale set out in this document and (unless the context otherwise requires) includes any special terms and conditions agreed in writing between the Buyer and the
Seller;“the Delivery Date” means the date on which the Goods are to be delivered as stipulated in the Buyer’s order and accepted by
the Seller;“the Goods” means the goods (including any instalment of the goods or any parts for them) which the Seller is to supply in
accordance with these Conditions;“month” means a calendar month;“the
Seller” means GGM Surfaces a company registered in England under Company Number 6169989;“writing” includes any
communications effected by telex, facsimile transmission, electronic mail or any comparable means.
- Any reference in these Conditions to a statute or a provision of a statute shall be construed as a reference to that statute or provision as amended, re-enacted or
extended at the relevant time.
- The headings in these Conditions are for convenience only and shall not affect their interpretation.
Basis of Sale
- The contract between the Buyer and the Seller shall be deemed active upon online signature, written confirmation or oral communication.
- A 50% deposit will be requested to hold the retail Buyer’s current quoted price.
- Deposits may be used to purchase materials to enable the Seller to hold quoted price and is therefore non-refundable.
- The Seller will hold the Buyer’s quoted prices for a period of 3 months, after which the Seller reserves the right to use the reserved stock for other
purposes. In such circumstances the Seller will deem the deposit amount as material depreciation.
- The Seller’s employees or agents are not authorised to make any representations concerning the Goods unless confirmed by the Seller in writing. In entering into the
Contract the Buyer acknowledges that it does not rely on, and waives any claim for breach of, any such representations which are not so confirmed.
- No variation to these Conditions shall be binding unless agreed in writing between the authorised representatives of the Buyer and the Seller.
- Where the Buyer requests survey or template it shall be deemed as confirmation to proceed with the full order as per quotation. The seller does not operate a survey
or template only service.
- Sales literature, price lists and other documents issued by the Seller in relation to the Goods are subject to alteration without notice and do not constitute
offers to sell the Goods which are capable of acceptance. An order placed by the Buyer may not be withdrawn cancelled or altered prior to acceptance by the Seller and no contract for the sale of the
Goods shall be binding on the Seller unless the Seller has issued a quotation which is expressed to be an offer to sell the goods or has accepted an order placed by the Buyer by whichever is the
- the Seller’s written acceptance;
- delivery of the Goods; or
- the Seller’s invoice.
- Any typographical, clerical or other accidental errors or omissions in any sales literature, quotation, price list, acceptance of offer, invoice or other document
or information issued by the Seller shall be subject to correction without any liability on the part of the Seller.
Orders and Specifications
- No order submitted by the Buyer shall be deemed to be accepted by the Seller unless and until confirmed in writing by the Seller’s authorised representative.
- The specification for the Goods shall be those set out in the Seller’s sales documentation unless varied expressly in the Buyer’s order (if accepted by the Seller).
The Goods will only be supplied in the minimum units (or multiples) stated in the Seller’s price list or in multiples of the sales outer as specified. Orders received for quantities other than these
will be adjusted accordingly, illustrations, photographs or descriptions whether in catalogues, brochures, price lists or other documents issued by the Seller are intended as a guide only and shall
not be binding on the Seller.
- The Seller reserves the right to make any changes in the specification of the Goods which are required to conform to any applicable safety or other statutory or
regulatory requirements or, where the Goods are to be supplied to the Seller’s specification, which do not materially affect their quality or performance.
- No order which has been accepted by the Seller may be cancelled by the Buyer except with the agreement in writing of the Seller on the terms that the Buyer shall
indemnify the Seller in full against all loss (including loss of profit), costs (including the cost of all labour and materials used), damages, charges and expenses incurred by the Seller as a result
- All excess worktops and other materials not required to complete the work to agreed specification shall remain the property of the company and shall be removed by
the installation team upon completion of the work
- The price of the Goods shall be the price listed in pounds sterling current at the date of acceptance of the Buyer’s order or
such other price as may be agreed in writing by the Seller and the Buyer.
- All prices are subject to VAT where applicable.
- Where the Seller has quoted a price for the Goods other than in accordance with the Seller’s published price list the price
quoted shall be valid for 7 days only subject to stock availability or such lesser time as the Seller may specify.
- Where stock availability for quote becomes unavailable at any time after quote, prices may vary.
- The price stated on the quote is the total price including installation by Seller’s in-house fitting teams only.
- Where the Seller cannot carry out the installation a separate contractor will be required and the price will be split. The
Seller will provide a final quote to show separate costings for; i) supply of material by Seller and ii) installation by contractor. In such circumstances the Seller will ensure that total price of
original quote will match the total price of the final quote regardless of VAT status of the installation contractor or VAT quoted on the original quote.
- The Seller reserves the right, by giving notice to the Buyer at any time before delivery, to increase the price of the Goods to
reflect any increase in the cost to the Seller which is due to any factor beyond the control of the Seller (such as, without limitation, any foreign exchange fluctuation currency regulation,
alteration of duties, significant increase in the costs of labour, materials or other costs of manufacture), any change in delivery dates, quantities or specifications for the Goods which is
requested by the Buyer, or any delay caused by any instructions of the Buyer or failure of the Buyer to give the Seller adequate information or instructions.
- Except as otherwise stated under the terms of any quotation or in any price list of the Seller, and unless otherwise agreed in
writing between the Buyer and the Seller, all prices are inclusive of the Seller’s charges for packaging and transport.
- The price is exclusive of any applicable value added tax excise, sales or taxes or levies of a similar nature which are imposed
or charged by any competent fiscal authority in respect of theGoods, which the Buyer shall be additionally liable to pay to the Seller.
- It is the responsibility of the buyer to ensure that all pre-installation checklists have been completed to the satisfaction of
the buyer and the buyer agrees to send a confirmation communication (electronically or otherwise) confirming the checklist have been completed.
Site Survey / Template
- The buyer must specify all items pertaining to the quote to the surveyors during the template. Contacting us for a template carries a fee of £150 plus VAT. Any
quoted items not mentioned will be presumed to no longer be required as part of the installation.
- The buyer may request a site survey or template where one has not been arranged by the seller prior to installation.
- Where a site survey or template has not been conducted the buyer shall bear responsibility for any error in calculation of measurement supplied to the seller
prior to the manufacturing of the goods.
- Where a site survey or template has been carried out by or on behalf of the seller the seller will provide all those materials stated upon the site
- The seller will pre-process all those goods shown on the survey information sheet that it wishes to do so where such processing is not carried out on site.
- Where the buyer requests changes to the original site survey or template an additional survey must be sought and the buyer shall bear the costs of this
additional survey. Should the buyer dispense with such additional survey the seller shall accept no responsibility for any inaccuracies or missing items arising thereafter even where information has
been relayed to the seller.
- Where installation cannot be carried out due to an error of the buyer the buyer agrees to pay a return fee equal to that of the installation fee to the installation
team prior to leaving the premises where work is not completed due an error of the buyer regardless of type of error.
- The seller will pre-process all under-mount sink cut outs as per the template provided either by way of downloaded supplier template or stock template or customer
template however an overhanging collar may be processed as standard.
- The buyer accepts that acceptable variances may occur in sink collar sizes and that any such variance will fall within the seller’s acceptable parameters.
- Specific sink collar requirements such as over-hangs or a flush fits must be confirmed in writing by the buyer prior to installation.
- Buyer acknowledges that on-site processing may be necessary even where kitchen has been surveyed or templated.
- Removal of water residue from draining surfaces through the grooved surface of the drainer offers only partial functionality and the buyer accepts that additional
wiping of the draining surface may be required to completely remove water residue.
- Upon Template we take a 50% Deposit to secure and purchase the material. This can be paid via debit card or bank transfer. Cancellation of order must be undertaken
within 3 working days of the template completion at the cost of the template which is £150 plus VAT.
- On completion of the installation we ask our buyers to carefully check the whole job, take your time and when satisfied you will be asked to sign and pay the
balance of 50%. This can be made via debit card or bank transfer.
- Subject to any special terms agreed in writing between the Buyer and the Seller, the Seller shall invoice the Buyer for the price of the Goods at the time of the
seller receiving confirmation of the buyer’s order of the Goods, unless the Buyer wrongfully fails to take delivery of the Goods, in which event the Seller shall be entitled to invoice the Buyer for
the price at any time after theSeller has notified the Buyer that the Goods are ready for collection or (as the case may be) the Seller has tendered delivery of the Goods.
- The Buyer shall pay the price of the Goods (less any discount or credit allowed by the Seller, but without any other deduction credit or set off) upon the day of
completion of installation by the installation team prior to the installation team leaving the buyer’s premises. Receipts for payment will be issued only upon request. All payment must be made in
cleared funds prior to the installation team leaving the premises. No goods will be left with the buyer unless cleared payment has been received. Interest will be charged on payments outstanding for
more then 7 days post installation at a rate £15 per day.
- Buyer accepts that any chargebacks made under Scheme Rules will incur a charge of £40 per day starting from and including first day of retraction up to
and including day of return of funds.
- Where legal action is required to obtain full or partial payment Buyer agrees to pay all legal costs of Seller.
- All payments shall be made to the Seller in Pounds Sterling at its office as indicated on the form of acceptance or invoice issued by the Seller.
- The Buyer shall be entitled to a “cooling off period” of 7 days in respect of any order placed EXCEPT were the buyer has requested installation within the 7 day
“cooling off” period and the Buyers agrees to waive such statutory right.
- The Buyer acknowledges that the Seller and installer are two separate legal entities and the Buyer shall ensure that the installer is paid prior to the installation
team leaving the Buyers premises.
- The Buyer agrees to pay all Seller legal fees for claims of faulty goods or services requiring legal defence where Seller is found to be not liable.
- Delivery of the Goods shall be made by the Seller delivering the Goods to the place in theUnited Kingdom specified in the Buyer’s order and/or the Seller’s
acceptance as the location to which the Goods are to be delivered by the Seller.
- The Delivery Date is approximate only and time for delivery shall not be of the essence unless previously agreed by the Seller in writing. The Goods may be
delivered by the Seller in advance of the Delivery Date upon giving reasonable notice to the Buyer.
- Where the Goods are to be delivered in instalments, each delivery shall constitute a separate contract and failure by the Seller to deliver any one or more of the
instalments in accordance with these Conditions or any claim by the Buyer in respect of any one or more instalments shall not entitle the Buyer to treat the Contract as a whole as repudiated.
- If the Buyer fails to take delivery of the Goods or any part of them on the Delivery Date and/or fails to provide any instructions, documents, licences, consents or
authorisations required to enable the Goods to be delivered on that date, the Seller shall be entitled upon given written notice to the Buyer to store or arrange for the storage of the Goods and then
notwithstanding the provision of Condition 10.1 of these Conditions risk in the Goods shall pass to the Buyer, delivery shall be deemed to have taken place and the Buyer shall pay to the Seller all
costs and expenses including storage and insurance charges arising from such failure.
Quality of goods supplied and workmanship
- The buyer agrees to notify the seller of any issues in relation to product quality or service at time of installation.
- The seller takes no responsibility for any damage that may occur as a result of negligence or misuse by the buyer.
- The buyer agrees and acknowledges that it is their responsibility to ensure that all worktops are free from damage prior to payment and completion of installation.
Any such damage deemed to have occurred after such time shall only be repaired or replaced free of charge at the discretion of the seller.
- All worktops will be matched for colour as closely as is possible but the buyers acknowledges and accepts that variations may occur in any naturally occurring
materials used. The buyer agrees to inform the seller immediately prior to work completion of any such occurrence.
- The buyer acknowledges that it is their responsibility to ensure that all cabinets are securely fitted and level and have sufficient braces where appropriate and
that all floors can support the weight of any free standing unit supplied. The buyer accepts that the seller has no responsibility for incorrectly fitted units or faulty cabinets cause damage during
or after installation.
- The buyer acknowledges that additional joints may be required in order to make safe and comply with any health and safety legislation. Furthermore, the buyer
acknowledges that occasion may arise where alteration may have to be made in order to ensure correcting fitting.Any miscut is not the responsibility of the seller and no replacement will be
- All worktops supplied will be approximately 30mm in thickness (unless otherwise agreed) and the seller accepts no responsibility for any variance in height where
excess of tile, upstands or otherwise and will not raise the height of the units or worktops as part of the standard installation process.
- The Seller will be allowed to alter kitchen units and cabinets to ensure correct fitting of sinks, hobs, taps, pop-up sockets, etc and may include cutting,
notching, drilling, chamfering or removal of sections. Such alterations will not be compensated by the Seller regardless of reason for alteration.
- The seller will not carry out any works in relation to the disconnection or reconnection of any plumbed appliances and the buyer acknowledges that it is their
responsibility to ensure that disconnection, reconnection is carried out by a suitably qualified tradesperson.
- The buyer should make their own arrangements in respect of the above to coincide with installation.
- The seller will cut out sink insets and hob insets as per buyer’s instructions only where those appliances are on site at the time of installation or where they
follow the customer’s instructions. The seller accepts no responsibility where the appliance is not on site and where the buyer’s instructions or manufacturer’s aperture instructions have been
- The seller will not seal any inset appliance, nor carry out electrical, gas or plumbing work unless specifically stated on quote.
- The seller accepts no responsibility for works carried out by installation team outside of the stated contract of the quote offered including electrical, gas
or plumbing work.
- The seller will not be responsible for making water tight seals where the bottom upstands meet worktops or the tops of the upstands meet the walls.
- Undermounts of sinks will be fitted into place and sealed during installation.
- The buyer acknowledges that Granite and Quartz are natural materials and variance in colour can occur when viewed under
artificial lighting and the buyer accepts this and the buyer accepts the seller cannot guarantee an exact colour match along the length of any given worktop nor can the seller guarantee the quantity
of quartz contained within the material used will be equal to that of the sample first supplied.
- The Buyer accepts that samples sent are of current stock only. Where a notable amount of time passes between receipt
of sample and final order an updated sample should be sought by the Buyer. The Seller accepts no responsibility where batch colours vary due to such time spans.
- Buyer acknowledges that Granite and Quartz may have natural inclusions within them including but not limited to pitting,
veining, shakes and fissures.
- The buyer acknowledges that where surfaces are polished a flattening of any inclusive materials can occur and is
- The buyer accepts that materials thicknesses and widths will vary but these will fall within acceptable tolerances as deemed to
be acceptable by the Seller (usual standard is +/- 3mm).The seller will request the installation team to minimise any such occurrence.
- The buyer accepts that bowing may occur in materials due to manufacturing processes and that this may affect join levels. Tiny
variations in joins will be deemed as normal.
- Where any join is required for areas such as worktop joining, down-stand mitres, end panel mitres, splashbacks / upstands
meeting worktops, etc, joins will be made in a neat manner and of sizes approximately 1-4mm in size with a maximum variation in join width of 2mm. Wider join sizes may occur where uneven cabinets
and/or walls throw worktops out of level and this must be accepted as normal for stone worktops.
- All jointing compounds or corking materials used will be matched to the worktop colour using stock colours only and not
colour-matched exactly by mixing colours unless specifically agreed within the quote.
- Any naturally occurring defect or imperfection in material due to manufacturing process within a product shall be deemed to be
“normal” and therefore not as a result of a defect in process of manufacture and shall not subject to replacement or compensation.
- The seller reserves the right to repair or replace any such product as it sees appropriate at its discretion using whatsoever
materials artificial or natural it see fit.
- The seller is not liable for any scratches to floor coverings, cabinets, walls or other damaged caused by the installation process where the buyer does not mention
prior to payment and completion any such damage. Any repair is the responsibility of the installation team.
- The seller accepts no responsibility for the health and safety of the buyer or any other person present not in the direct employ or control of the seller whilst the
installation process is being carried out.
- Fitting of units to walls will be done to the best standard possible provided that walls are square or straight. The buyer acknowledges that it is their
responsibility to perform any final finishing touches. The buyer acknowledges that the installation may need to make minor alteration to walls etc in order to obtain the bets fit possible for the
buyer. All splashbacks, tiling, upstands or alike should be carried out after installation has been completed.
- The buyer acknowledges that although each installation will attempt to work causing the minimum of noise, dirt or other disruption that some of these will occur
during the installation process and the buyer accepts this will be unavoidable.
- The Seller may substitute strengthening rod processing in favour of a ‘Fragile Material Protection Cover’. Where taken no additional charge will be made to
the Buyer for (1) labour where re-work of joins is required, (2) additional materials required such as rail bars, (3) damage caused by breakage either inside or outside of the installation
- The seller accepts no responsibility for the cleanliness or general condition after installation has been completed and will not return to clean up or remove small
pieces of work top. The buyer accepts that it their responsibility to clean up and not that of the seller or installation team.
- It is the buyer’s responsibility to ensure that this advice is adhered to.
- The Buyer accepts that delays caused not through the fault of the Seller will be subject to a down-time payment of £60 per hour.
- The Buyer accepts that that where a re-visit is required through no fault of the Seller a fee of £300 will be charged.
- Plumbing work, joinery works, kitchen works, or any other non-stone works requested by the Buyer on day of installation will be charged at £60 per hour not
including parts which must be purchased by the Buyer and is subject to installers capabilities. The Seller accepts no responsibility for non-stone works carried out
- Due to the complexity of processing and installation stone worktops, the Buyer accepts that installation of worktops may not
always be completed in a single visit and may require additional visits possibly on non-concurrent days. The Seller will not compensate for delays caused by lost work time, service engineers call-out
charges, down-time, nor any other charges associated with delays caused due to re-visit requirements.
Risk and Retention of Title
- Risk of damage to or loss of the Goods shall pass to the Buyer at:
- in the case of Goods to be delivered at the Seller’s premises, the time when the Seller notifies the Buyer that the Goods are available for collection; or
- in the case of Goods to be delivered otherwise than at the Seller’s premises, the time of delivery or, if the Buyer wrongfully fails to take delivery of the Goods,
the time when theSeller has tendered delivery of the Goods.
- Notwithstanding delivery and the passing of risk in the Goods, or any other provision of these Conditions, legal and beneficial title of the Goods shall not pass to
the Buyer until the Seller has received in cash or cleared funds payment in full of the price of the Goods.
- [Sub-clause 8.2 notwithstanding, legal and beneficial title of the Goods shall not pass to theBuyer until the Seller has received in cash or cleared funds payment
in full of the price of theGoods and any other goods supplied by the Seller and the Buyer has repaid all moneys owed to the Seller, regardless of how such indebtedness arose.]
- Until payment has been made to the Seller in accordance with these Conditions and title in theGoods has passed to the Buyer, the Buyer shall be in possession of the
Goods as bailee for theSeller and the Buyer shall store the Goods separately and in an appropriate environment, shall ensure that they are identifiable as being supplied by the Seller and shall
insure the Goods against all reasonable risks.
- The Buyer shall not be entitled to pledge or in any way charge by way of security for any indebtedness any of the goods which remain the property of the Seller, but
if the Buyer does so all money owing by the Buyer to the Seller shall (without prejudice to any other right or remedy of the Seller) forthwith become due and payable.
- The Seller reserves the right to repossess any Goods in which the Seller retains title without notice. In the event of repossession the Buyer shall deliver up to
the Seller all Goods in which title has not passed, the cost of which shall be born by the Buyer.
- The Buyer’s right to possession of the Goods in which the Seller maintains legal and beneficial title shall terminate if;
- The Buyer commits or permits any material breach of his obligations under these Conditions;
- The Buyer is or becomes the subject of a bankruptcy order or takes advantage of any other statutory provision for the relief of insolvent debtors.
- The Seller may assign the Contract or any part of it to any person, firm or company.
- The Buyer shall not be entitled to assign the Contract or any part of it without the prior written consent of the Seller.
Right to Return the Goods and to Receive a Refund
- If the Buyer is not satisfied with any Goods purchased from the Seller, the Buyer may cancel the Contract and return the Goods to the Seller and obtain a refund of
the price of the returned Goods, provided:-
- The Buyer informs the Seller of the decision to cancel the Contract within 7 Calendar Days of delivery of the Goods; and
- The Goods are returned in their original condition.
- While the Goods remain in the Seller’s possession the Seller is under a duty to ensure that the Goods are kept safe and secure.
- The following transportation charges will apply:-
- If the total purchase price of the returned Goods is less than £500 the charge payable by the Buyer for the return is £100.
- If the total purchase price of the returned Goods is more than £500 the charge payable by the Buyer for the return is £300.
- Where the Goods are custom made to the order of the Buyer, the Buyer shall not be entitled to return the Goods and receive a refund unless the Goods are faulty. The
statutory rights of the Buyer are unaffected.
- The buyer agrees to adhere to the advice of the seller and the installation team in respect of advice given as to setting periods for fitting and or setting times
of glues or other adhesives.Should be buyer in the opinion of the seller be deemed to have ignored this advice the seller reserves the right to charge a revisit fee.
- The buyer acknowledges and agrees that where the seller has carried out pre-processing work upon receipt of a confirmation order and the buyer cancels the order the
buyer agrees to reasonably compensate the seller for the time spent and materials used equal to the cost of labour and materials processed.